MCPatcher is a bytecode-level patcher for Minecraft. The main use right now is changing the hard-coded texture sizes, but it is eventually intended to apply arbitrary patches.
- Better Glass! More transparency options for glass textures.
- Better Skies. Add your own textures to the day and night skies. Many options for fading and blending.
- Custom Colors mod. Texture pack authors can now customize many colors in the game including swamps, lighting, and more. See Misa’s texture pack for examples.
- HD texture pack and font support.
- Custom terrain and item animations for any tile, including water, lava, and portals.
- MrMessiah’s BetterGrass mod.
- Balthichou’s RandomMobs mod.
- Connected Textures mod.
- Ability to load other mods like ModLoader. See “Installing other Mods” for details.
- Ability to save and load mod profiles and switch between them easily. Also organize your mods by the Minecraft version they go with.
Notes and Recent Changes:
- Brighter, less muddy-looking fireworks.
- Custom compass needle.
- Biome- and height-specific Random Mobs with weighted randoms.
Basic Instructions (Installation):
- Download the correct version of the patcher for your OS.
- Double-click the patcher. You should see this:
- If you would like Better Grass (full grass texture on the sides of grass blocks next to other grass blocks), check the box next to Better Grass.
- Click Patch. You do not need to select a texture pack at this point.
Start the game.
- Click Mods and Texture Packs.
- Click Open Texture Packs folder. If nothing happens, just go to the texturepacks folder in .minecraft instead.
- Copy all your texture packs into that folder.
- Enjoy switching between texture packs without repatching the game!
For MC 1.5.2 (v3.0.4) : https://bitbucket.org/prupe/mcpatcher/downloads
For MC 1.5.1 (v3.0.3) : Universal Download
For MC 1.5 (v3.0.2_01) : Universal Download
For MC 1.4.7 (v2.4.5_02)
- Updated to support the new texture pack format introduced in 1.5.2.
- A utility to convert texture packs from the older format to the new one is included.
- Biome- and height-based Random Mobs and CTM.
- Custom compass and clock animations.
- Mipmapping, anti-aliasing, and anisotropic filtering options.
Credits and big thanks to Kahr.
Category: Minecraft Tools