Minecraft is a sandbox construction game, inspired by Infiniminer, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper, created by Markus Persson, the founder of Mojang AB. The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three-dimensional environment. The player takes on an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations, and artwork, on multiplayer servers and singleplayer worlds across multiple game modes.
Minecraft is available to players for €19.95 ($26.95). Singleplayer and multiplayer, when purchased, can be played in the user’s web browser, or using the downloadable launcher. Minecraft Classic is available to play for free.
The 1.5.2 patch of Minecraft has now been posted to the launcher. In this patch fixed crash related to arrows fired from dispensers, fixed a multiplayer crash when using fireworks without a fireworks star and fixed long timeout when checking SRV records.
- Close your minecraft
- Remember to copy and back up your minecraft.jar file
- Go to minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows at %appdata%/.minecraft/bin
- Download your minecraft version and move it into the /.minecraft/bin folder, replacing the old version
- Open up your minecraft and have fun!
The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.
Client 1.5.2 Jar : http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.5.2/1.5.2.jar
Server 1.5.2 Jar: http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.5.2/minecraft_server.1.5.2.jar
Server 1.5.2 EXE : http://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/1.5.2/minecraft_server.1.5.2.exe
Client 1.5.1 : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/minecraft.jar
Server 1.5.1 : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/minecraft_server.jar
Server 1.5.1 Jar : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_5_1/Minecraft_Server.exe
Client 1.4.7 : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft.jar
Server 1.4.7 Jar : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/minecraft_server.jar
Server 1.4.7 Exe : http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_7/Minecraft_Server.exe
1.5.2 Bug Fixes:
- SMP: Anvils charge level for nothing when using languages other than English
- Tamed wolves and cats despawn
- Endermen are rendered hostile if they take environmental damage
- Pick-Block and Furnaces
- Achievement “Hot Topic” Uses Faceless Furnace Icon
- Arrows visually float when shot into a block
- Using the anvil for free
- FPS issues when using high-resolution textures
- Minecraft Realms-related fixes
Credits to The Minecraft Team.
Category: Minecraft Updates