Not Enough Items Mod for Minecraft. NEI is a successor to both Too Many Items and Recipe Book. It arose around the same time as Craft Guide when Alexandria and a few others on the IRC suggested that I merge both Too Many Items and Recipe Book to remove their greatest flaws, ironically too many items, or in the case of recipe book, too many recipies. Too Many Items was great, but the one thing it lacked was an easy way to search and sort your items. When you had a mod like Red Power coming along with 10000 items both TMI and Recipe Book were racking up the pages. Even if you don’t want to use NEI for cheating in items, you will likely feel right at home with the Recipe component of the mod.
What makes this NEI Mod so much better? For a detailed explanation read on. A simple list is below.
- Recipe Mode (Crafting, Smelting, Brewing)
- Item Searching
- Item Subset Dropdown menu (Hiding\Showing)
- Complete SMP support if installed on server
- Enchantment Sector
- All types of Mob Spawners obtainable and place able.
- Magnetic Mode
- Heal Button
- Mob Spawners in SMP show the mob type
- Advanced configuration files
- In game Options Menu
- A few handling tweaks
- An Extended API supporting extended item damages, mod based sorting tags and custom recipes with ModLoader type loader
Recipe view contains 2 functions, Recipes and Usage. Pressing the recipe key (default R) or usage key (default U) while hovering over any item will take you into this mode. Once in recipe view clicking will bring up recipes and right clicking will show usages. The back recipe key (default BACKSPACE) can be used to go back to the last recipe and the Esc or Inventory key is used to exit.
Recipe view shows you all the ways to craft that item, be it with a Crafting Bench, Furnace, Brewing Stand or another custom crafting inventory (Eg Alloy Furnace from RP2).
Unlike Craft Guide when a recipe can be made using multiple types of the same item (Eg the different colours of wool or the different types of wood), the ingredients will cycle through the available subtypes. So the wool will change colour.
Usage mode shows you all the recipes that contain that Item.
And it shows shapeless recipes too.
The ? button will appear when the type of recipe matches the container you currently have opened. Eg. If you show shaped recipies while using a workbench.
Clicking on this button will return you to the main inventory wher you will see highlighted overlays in the slots prompting you of which items to put where.
- You must install FML + OR Minecraft Forge + into the jar.
- Place the CodeChickenCore jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place the NEI jar file into the coremods folder.
- Place any modules’ zip files in the mods folder.
- NotEnoughItems must be installed in the jar.
1.5.2 : http://adf.ly/KpW91
Download Source : http://adf.ly/4KQRk
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.2
- Bugfix: Clicking on widgets cancels vanilla processing. (item dropping etc)
- Bugfix: opening overlay guis drops the held item.
- Added mod item subsets
- Added firework recipes
Credits to chicken_bones.
Category: Minecraft Mods