Portal Gun is a mod ispired by Portal by Valve. This mod adds a fully functional the portalgun, as well as several other portal-related aspects, to Minecraft. Use the portal gun to create portals on two separate locations, step through one of the portals to exit through the other.
- Uses Minecraft Forge 126.96.36.1990 or later.
- Uses block IDs 1100 and 1101, item IDs 13200+ by default. Can be changed in properties file.
- The properties file can be found in the /config/ folder.
- Specific parts of the mod can be disabled to free up block/item IDs if required.
- Dedicated server properties files come in two places. One in the world save folder, one in the /config/ folder.
- The difference is the one in the /config/ folder are for block/item/net IDs etc while the one in the world save folder is for directly changing (mostly) gameplay mechanics.
- The mod adds several commands which can be listed down by typing “pg” in the server console of “/pg” as an Op.
- These include changing mod properties in-game, as well as clearing out portals.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download the Portal Gun Mod
- Go to your minecraft folder. (If you don’t know how to, look it up)
- Place the zip file in the /mods folder and run the game. (Make sure Minecraft Forge is already installed)
- If you want to change a setting (eg: a block id), go to /config/ and open “PortalGun.properties” with your favourite text editor.
- Drop the zip in the /mods/ folder of the server root folder and start the server.
- If you want to change a general setting (eg: a block id), go to /config/ and open “PortalGun_server.properties” with your favourite text editor.
- If you want to change a gameplay setting (eg: turret targetting), go to your world folder and open “PortalGun_world.properties” with your favourite text editor.
- This mod DOES NOT auto resolve ID issues.
- Please do check the properties file, enough comments have been added for you to understand it. The comments are at the top, and the settings are set down below.
- Server is VANILLA only.
1.4.6 : http://adf.ly/GSOgs
1.4.5 : http://adf.ly/GTRX1
- Update and compatible with Minecraft 1.4.7/1.4.6
- Fixed error reading setting in the console.
- Fixed ceiling portal links putting the entity in the ceiling.
- Fixed floor portal links displacing the player too high.
- Fixed wall portal links setting the player too high.
- Fixed portals spawners being shown as a tool.
- Fixed zombies holding portal guns in the air.
- Fixed crashing with Block entities.
- Fixed Out Of Bounds crashing with Block entities.
- Fixed Weighted Companion Cubes not healing the player.
- Fixed Command info being cut off due to excess length of chat message.
- Fixed crash due to limit in mod chunkloaders hit.
- Fixed Mystcraft Portal duplication glitch.
- Fixed Single Coloured Portal resetting both colours.
- Attempted fix at complete loss of momentum when portalling to areas unloaded to the client.
- Attempted fix at stuck in ground issue when portalling to areas unloaded to the client.
- Attempted fix at Block entities getting being placed in the floor.
- Added option to allow only command executers to place portals on the moon.
- Added note for users who put modPartsDisabled as letters and not numbers.
- Added config to use the old PortalGun and LFB recipes, dubbed Easy Mode.
- Added “glow” to “glowy” parts of the PortalGun model.
- Made block grabbing respect block hardness, negative means no grabby.
Credits to iChun.
Category: Minecraft Mods